Dimensions For A Facebook Cover Photo
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile image and cover photo?
Your Page's profile image:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on most attribute phones
- Should go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and also 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on smartphones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Screens at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Doesn't display on attribute phones
- Need to go to least 399 pixels large as well as 150 pixels high
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For account pictures and cover pictures with your logo design or message, you might get a far better outcome by utilizing a PNG data.
What regarding the resolution?
Along with this dimension modification we have actually chosen a high resolution suggestion since we are also taking into consideration the increase of higher res devices such as Retina Display-- you desire your cover pictures to look all crisp and also clear there also do not you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you somewhat as well as covers off basically any other tool currently on the market.
On resolution Facebook does not aid when it says "Bear in mind that your cover photo need to go to the very least 400 pixels large as well as 150 pixels tall". This is merely a minimal dimension and also in our experience we locate it way as well grainy and also the advice offers no support on secure areas for text.
So long as it's not a crazy size you won't be penalised for uploading a nice huge high res photo (this used to be the situation with Facebook Groups where compression was used) however no more.
One word of warning, relying on the screen you make use of to see (i.e. non high res/retina display), you might discover the image a little fuzzy. We've try out JPG vs PNG as well as a range of sizes from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 usually looks the sharpest on older display screens however we 'd still suggest 1920px x 1080px for finest future proofing.