Cover Photo Dimensions Facebook
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile image as well as cover photo?
Your Page's profile image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on most feature phones
- Must be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and also 176 pixels from the top of your cover picture on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover picture on smartphones
Your Page's cover image:
- Displays at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers as well as 640 pixels vast by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Does not present on function phones
- Should be at least 399 pixels broad and also 150 pixels tall
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG data that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile images as well as cover pictures with your logo or text, you could obtain a much better result using a PNG data.
Exactly what about the resolution?
In addition to this dimension change we have actually chosen a high resolution recommendation because we are additionally thinking about the increase of greater res tools such as Retina Show-- you want your cover photos to look all crisp and also clear there too do not you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you to some extent as well as covers off pretty much any other device currently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't help when it says "Bear in mind that your cover image have to go to the very least 400 pixels vast as well as 150 pixels high". This is merely a minimum size and also in our experience we discover it way too rough as well as the guidance provides no guidance on safe areas for text.
So long as it's not an insane size you won't be punished for posting a good big high res photo (this used to be the instance with Facebook Teams where compression was applied) but no more.
One word of warning, relying on the screen you make use of to check out (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you might locate the image a little fuzzy. We've trying out JPG vs PNG and a selection of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 frequently looks the sharpest on older display screens but we would certainly still suggest 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.