Facebook Page Cover Dimensions
Exactly what are the dimensions of my Page's profile photo and also cover picture?
Your Page's profile image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on many attribute phones
- Need to go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smart devices
Your Page's cover photo:
- Display screens at 851 pixels vast by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels high on mobile phones
- Doesn't present on function phones
- Must be at least 399 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels tall
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile images and cover photos with your logo design or text, you might get a far better result by utilizing a PNG documents.
What regarding the resolution?
In addition to this measurement adjustment we've opted for a high resolution suggestion since we are likewise thinking about the surge of greater res devices such as Retina Present-- you desire your cover photos to look all crisp and also clear there too don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you to some extent as well as covers off practically other gadget currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't aid when it says "Bear in mind that your cover photo need to go to the very least 400 pixels large as well as 150 pixels high". This is merely a minimum dimension and also in our experience we find it way also rough as well as the suggestions offers no advice on safe locations for text.
As long as it's not a crazy dimension you will not be punished for submitting a nice big high res picture (this utilized to be the situation with Facebook Teams where compression was used) but no more.
One word of warning, depending on the screen you utilize to check out (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you may discover the photo a little fuzzy. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG and also a selection of dimensions from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Now 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older displays yet we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for finest future proofing.