When you turn off chat for Facebook friends, it does not indicate that no one could message you. Instead, you'll just not notified of the messages. Anything you get while chat is off will appear in your inbox when you re-enable chat.
Turn Off Chat In Facebook
There are two different methods you can disable Facebook chat. You can do so internationally so that you can't chat with anyone or you could shut off chat for specific friends only to make sure that it still deals with other friends.
Disable Every One Of Facebook chat
- Access your Facebook account.
- On the chat menu on the side of the display, click the little Options switch alongside the Look text box.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- In the window that reveals, make certain the alternative for Switch off chat for all contacts is picked.
- Click the Okay switch.
With Facebook chat entirely impaired, the whole chat area will stay white as well as no discussions are clickable. Click the link called Turn on chat to re-enable it.
Shut Off Facebook chat for Certain Friends Just
- From your Facebook profile, click the tiny Options button below the chat section on the right side of the page.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- There are one of two options you could choose here:
* Pick Turn off chat for all contacts except ... if you wish to hide from Facebook chat for most of your contacts yet you want a pick few to still have the ability to message.
* Opt to Turn off chat for only some contacts ... if there are just a couple of Facebook friends that you intend to disable chat for.
- Begin entering the names of the friends you want to block from chat, and after that choose them as they're recommended to you.
When you're completed selecting which friends ought to be blocked, click Okay.
Facebook for Android: The Best Ways To Transform Facebook chat On or Off
You could transform Facebook chat on or off from the common Facebook app using these actions:
- Open the "Facebook" app.
- Touch the Menu icon located at the upper-right edge of the display to broaden your choices.
- Tap "Messenger" in the "Apps" area.
- Tap the Equipment symbol situated at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Examine the "On" box to turn Facebook chat on. Uncheck the box to turn it off.
If you have Facebook Messenger installed on your Android device, make use of these actions:
-Open up the "Messenger" app.
-Touch the "Menu" Menu Switch symbol located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
-Touch the "Active" selection on top of the screen.
-Toggle your name to "On" or "Off" as desired.