When you switch off chat for Facebook friends, it doesn't mean that no one could message you. Rather, you'll just not alerted of the messages. Anything you receive while chat is off will appear in your inbox when you re-enable chat.
How To Turn Facebook Chat Off
There are two different ways you can disable Facebook chat. You can do so internationally so that you can't chat with anybody or you can shut off chat for certain friends just to ensure that it still works with various other friends.
Disable Every One Of Facebook chat
- Access your Facebook account.
- On the chat menu on the side of the display, click the small Options button next to the Search text box.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- In the window that reveals, see to it the alternative for Switch off chat for all contacts is selected.
- Click the Okay switch.
With Facebook chat totally handicapped, the whole chat area will continue to be white as well as no discussions are clickable. Click the web link called Turn on chat to re-enable it.
Turn off Facebook chat for sure Friends Just
- From your Facebook account, click the tiny Options switch at the bottom of the chat section on the best side of the page.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- There are among 2 options you can pick right here:
* Choose Turn off chat for all contacts except ... if you want to hide from Facebook chat for a lot of your contacts yet you desire a choose couple of to still be able to message.
* Prefer to Turn off chat for only some contacts ... if there are just a couple of Facebook friends that you intend to disable chat for.
- Beginning entering the names of the friends you want to block from chat, then select them as they're suggested to you.
When you're completed selecting which friends should be blocked, click Okay.
Facebook for Android: Ways To Turn Facebook chat On or Off
You can transform Facebook chat on or off from the standard Facebook application using these steps:
- Open the "Facebook" application.
- Tap the Menu icon situated at the upper-right corner of the display to broaden your choices.
- Tap "Messenger" in the "Apps" section.
- Touch the Equipment icon situated at the upper-right edge of the screen.
- Inspect the "On" box to turn Facebook chat on. Uncheck package to turn it off.
If you have Facebook Messenger mounted on your Android gadget, utilize these actions:
-Open the "Messenger" application.
-Touch the "Menu" Menu Switch icon situated at the upper-right edge of the screen.
-Tap the "Active" selection on top of the screen.
-Toggle your name to "On" or "Off" as preferred.