When you switch off chat for Facebook friends, it doesn't suggest that no one could message you. Rather, you'll just not notified of the messages. Anything you obtain while chat is off will turn up in your inbox when you re-enable chat.
Turn Off Chat Facebook
There are 2 different methods you could disable Facebook chat. You can do so worldwide so that you can't talk with anyone or you can shut off chat for specific friends just to make sure that it still works with other friends.
Disable All of Facebook chat
- Gain access to your Facebook profile.
- On the chat menu on the side of the display, click the small Options switch alongside the Search text box.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- In the window that reveals, make sure the choice for Switch off chat for all contacts is chosen.
- Click the Okay button.
With Facebook chat completely impaired, the entire chat location will remain white and no conversations are clickable. Click the link called Turn on chat to re-enable it.
Shut Off Facebook chat for Certain Friends Just
- From your Facebook account, click the little Options button at the end of the chat area on the appropriate side of the web page.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- There are just one of 2 alternatives you could select below:
* Select Turn off chat for all contacts except ... if you intend to conceal from Facebook chat for most of your contacts yet you want a pick couple of to still have the ability to message.
* Opt to Turn off chat for only some contacts ... if there are simply a few Facebook friends that you intend to disable chat for.
- Start going into the names of the friends you intend to block from chat, and afterwards pick them as they're recommended to you.
When you're finished picking which friends should be obstructed, click Okay.
Facebook for Android: The Best Ways To Transform Facebook chat On or Off
You could turn Facebook chat on or off from the standard Facebook app using these steps:
- Open up the "Facebook" application.
- Tap the Menu icon located at the upper-right edge of the display to increase your alternatives.
- Tap "Messenger" in the "Apps" area.
- Tap the Equipment symbol located at the upper-right corner of the display.
- Inspect the "On" box to turn Facebook chat on. Uncheck the box to turn it off.
If you have actually Facebook Messenger mounted on your Android device, utilize these steps:
-Open up the "Messenger" app.
-Tap the "Menu" Menu Switch symbol located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
-Touch the "Active" option on top of the screen.
-Toggle your name to "On" or "Off" as preferred.