When you turn off chat for Facebook friends, it doesn't indicate that nobody can message you. Instead, you'll simply not notified of the messages. Anything you obtain while chat is off will certainly turn up in your inbox when you re-enable chat.
Facebook Turn Off Chat
There are two different ways you can disable Facebook chat. You can do so globally so that you can't talk with anybody or you could switch off chat for particular friends only to ensure that it still collaborates with various other friends.
Disable All of Facebook chat
- Gain access to your Facebook account.
- On the chat menu on the side of the screen, click the tiny Options switch next to the Search text box.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- In the window that reveals, see to it the choice for Switch off chat for all contacts is chosen.
- Click the Okay switch.
With Facebook chat entirely disabled, the whole chat location will certainly continue to be white and also no discussions are clickable. Click the web link called Turn on chat to re-enable it.
Shut Off Facebook chat for Certain Friends Only
- From your Facebook account, click the little Options switch below the chat area on the appropriate side of the page.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- There are just one of 2 choices you could pick here:
* Choose Turn off chat for all contacts except ... if you wish to conceal from Facebook chat for most of your contacts yet you desire a select few to still have the ability to message.
* Decide to Turn off chat for only some contacts ... if there are simply a few Facebook friends that you want to disable chat for.
- Beginning entering the names of the friends you intend to block from chat, and afterwards pick them as they're suggested to you.
When you're finished selecting which friends should be obstructed, click Okay.
Facebook for Android: Ways To Transform Facebook chat On or Off
You could turn Facebook chat on or off from the conventional Facebook application using these actions:
- Open the "Facebook" application.
- Touch the Menu icon located at the upper-right corner of the display to increase your options.
- Faucet "Messenger" in the "Apps" area.
- Touch the Equipment symbol situated at the upper-right edge of the display.
- Check the "On" box to turn Facebook chat on. Uncheck the box to turn it off.
If you have Facebook Messenger installed on your Android device, use these steps:
-Open up the "Messenger" application.
-Touch the "Menu" Menu Switch icon situated at the upper-right edge of the screen.
-Tap the "Active" choice at the top of the display.
-Toggle your name to "On" or "Off" as preferred.