Facebook Timeline Cover Dimensions
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile photo and also cover picture?
Your Page's account image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on many attribute phones
- Have to be at the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on mobile phones
Your Page's cover photo:
- Displays at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels high on your Page on computer systems and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels high on mobile phones
- Doesn't display on attribute phones
- Should go to the very least 399 pixels vast and also 150 pixels high
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
-For account photos as well as cover photos with your logo design or text, you may obtain a much better result using a PNG file.
Just what concerning the resolution?
Along with this measurement change we have actually opted for a high resolution suggestion since we are likewise thinking about the surge of greater res gadgets such as Retina Display-- you want your cover images to look all crisp as well as clear there too do not you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat as well as covers off practically other tool presently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't assist when it claims "Remember that your cover picture must be at least 400 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall". This is simply a minimum size and in our experience we find it way as well rough as well as the recommendations provides no advice on secure locations for text.
So long as it's not a crazy dimension you will not be punished for posting a great large high res picture (this utilized to be the instance with Facebook Groups where compression was used) yet no more.
One word of warning, depending upon the screen you use to see (i.e. non high res/retina display), you might discover the picture a little unclear. We've explore JPG vs PNG and a range of dimensions from 640x360 right to 1640x923. Now 820x461 frequently looks the sharpest on older screens however we 'd still suggest 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.