Dimensions Of Facebook Banner
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's profile image as well as cover picture?
Your Page's profile photo:
- Display screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on smart devices and also 50 × 50 pixels on most feature phones
- Need to be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones
Your Page's cover photo:
- Display screens at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computer systems and 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels high on smart devices
- Does not display on attribute phones
- Must be at the very least 399 pixels wide as well as 150 pixels tall
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For account pictures and cover pictures with your logo design or message, you could obtain a better outcome by using a PNG documents.
What regarding the resolution?
In addition to this dimension modification we've gone with a high resolution recommendation due to the fact that we are additionally considering the increase of greater res tools such as Retina Show-- you desire your cover photos to look all crisp and also clear there also don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you to some extent as well as covers off practically any other tool presently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook does not aid when it says "Remember that your cover image must be at least 400 pixels broad and also 150 pixels high". This is simply a minimum dimension and in our experience we find it way also rough and also the guidance gives no guidance on risk-free areas for text.
As long as it's not an insane size you will not be penalised for uploading a wonderful big high res photo (this made use of to be the instance with Facebook Groups where compression was used) however no more.
One word of caution, depending upon the screen you make use of to view (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you may find the picture a little blurry. We have actually explore JPG vs PNG and a variety of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Now 820x461 frequently looks the sharpest on older displays but we would certainly still recommend 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.