What Are The Dimensions For The Facebook Cover Photo
Exactly what are the dimensions of my Page's account picture and cover photo?
Your Page's account image:
- Display screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on most attribute phones
- Should go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover picture on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and 196 pixels from the top of your cover picture on mobile phones
Your Page's cover image:
- Screens at 851 pixels large by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computer systems and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels high on smart devices
- Doesn't display on attribute phones
- Have to go to the very least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For account photos and also cover photos with your logo or text, you could obtain a far better outcome by using a PNG data.
Exactly what about the resolution?
Along with this dimension change we've gone for a high resolution recommendation due to the fact that we are also taking into consideration the increase of greater res tools such as Retina Display-- you want your cover photos to look all crisp as well as clear there as well don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you to some extent as well as covers off basically any other gadget currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't help when it claims "Keep in mind that your cover photo have to be at least 400 pixels large and 150 pixels tall". This is just a minimal size as well as in our experience we discover it way too rough and the advice offers no assistance on secure locations for text.
So long as it's not a crazy dimension you won't be penalised for submitting a great big high res picture (this made use of to be the instance with Facebook Groups where compression was used) yet no more.
One word of caution, depending on the display you utilize to watch (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you may find the picture a little fuzzy. We've trying out JPG vs PNG and a range of dimensions from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 frequently looks the sharpest on older screens however we would certainly still advise 1920px x 1080px for finest future proofing.