Facebook Cover Photos Dimensions
What are the dimensions of my Page's account image as well as cover photo?
Your Page's profile image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on a lot of feature phones
- Should be at the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones
Your Page's cover image:
- Display screens at 851 pixels large by 315 pixels high on your Page on computer systems as well as 640 pixels large by 360 pixels tall on smart devices
- Doesn't show on attribute phones
- Have to be at the very least 399 pixels broad as well as 150 pixels tall
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For account images as well as cover images with your logo or message, you may obtain a far better result by using a PNG data.
What concerning the resolution?
As well as this dimension adjustment we've gone for a high resolution recommendation because we are additionally taking into consideration the rise of higher res devices such as Retina Display-- you want your cover pictures to look all crisp and also clear there too don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat as well as covers off practically any other gadget presently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't assist when it states "Keep in mind that your cover picture should go to the very least 400 pixels vast and also 150 pixels high". This is just a minimum size as well as in our experience we discover it way as well rough and the suggestions gives no support on secure areas for message.
So long as it's not an insane dimension you won't be penalised for posting a great large high res image (this made use of to be the situation with Facebook Teams where compression was used) however no more.
One word of warning, depending upon the screen you use to check out (i.e. non high res/retina display), you could find the image a little fuzzy. We've trying out JPG vs PNG and a range of sizes from 640x360 right to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 frequently looks the sharpest on older displays yet we would certainly still suggest 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.