And after that there's the not-so-obvious settings that may not strike you as something that really has to be done, particularly when the default setting imposed by Facebook is definitely incorrect. The personal privacy settings for your Facebook good friends list is one of those settings.
How To Make Friends On Facebook Private
Why do I require to make my Facebook buddy list private?
It is necessary to limit the exposure of your pals on Facebook to secure them, since fraudsters can clone your account and use that account to deceive your good friends.
You see, if a scammer clones your account (by developing another account with your name and profile picture-- two pieces of info you cannot hide from individuals) then they can begin sending buddy requests to all your friends in an attempt to trick them into accepting, believing it's you. However, if the scammer cannot see your good friends list, the inspiration to clone your account is gone.
If your friends list is public, and a scammer clones your account and sends requests, and a friend request is accepted, the scammer can attempt to initialise any number of various scams on your pal, which might extremely well be effective. It's called Facebook cloning.
In this tutorial, you will understand the best ways to make buddy list private on your Facebook account. Follow these steps:-.
Keep in mind: This process can work on PC, as well as on iPhone/iPad and Android phones utilizing any browser, but not on the official Facebook app.
Make good friend list personal, so that nobody including your good friends on your Facebook account can see your pal list.
1. Login to your Facebook account and go to your timeline.
2. From the menus, click "Buddies".
3. Click on the Manage button, which appears like a pencil and click "Edit Personal privacy".
4. From the "Friend List" section and from the "Public" drop down menu, you can control who can see your pal list. For example, if you desire to make your good friend list entirely private, then select the "Only Me" choice.
5. When finished with your settings, click on "Done".
That's it! You now have actually learned how to handle your friend list on Facebook (on PC, iPhone/iPad and Android).
Such articles How To Make Friends On Facebook Private thanks for visiting can hopefully help you out.