Facebook made it a lot easier just recently when it comes to altering the birthday. Previously, it did not enable you to alter the birthday directly using the edit profile choice offered on the site which meant you had to request a change rather (the old guide is connected to the post).
This is not the case fortunately, which means that you can alter the birthday on Facebook directly and without hold-up at any time, offered you have access to your profile.
Facebook Age Change
Here is exactly what you have to do:
- Open your Facebook Profile page. You can do that by clicking your name beside browse at the top of any Facebook page.
- Select "Update Information" on the page. You find the link in the header area on the right of your name.
- Switch to the "Introduction" choice when the "about section" opens on Facebook.
- There you find listed your present birthday. Move the mouse cursor over it, and choose "modify your contact and standard info" link that appears with the left mouse button.
- Locate "Fundamental Info" on the page and move the mouse cursor over the birth date or birth year. When you do so, an edit choice ends up being available. Click on it.
- Modification the birth month, year and day and click the "save changes" button later on.
Congratulations, you have simply changed the birthday on Facebook.
Old short article with out-of-date info
When you lastly learn that the alternative is readily available under Edit Profile, you will see that the birthday is not editable there.
Why is it obstructed? The most likely factor is to obstruct users from altering their birthday from altering it whenever they feel like it, and to obstruct minors aiming to make themselves grownups on the website.
This is however a concern if you have actually inadvertently selected the wrong birthday. How can you alter it if not in the Facebook profile?
The only method to alter your date of birth on Facebook is to call the Facebook assistance group to make them change it for your.
Facebook has provided a type for that request which you can access here.
Here you require to select the new birth date and go into a factor for the modification. The most likely factor is that you have made a mistake during account creation. It is most likely that the first request will be given if you use that factor for altering the birthday.
There is no telling how Facebook will react if you use the form several times throughout the years. It is likely that they will reject the 2nd or third request unless you supply them with an extremely excellent reason for the modification.
WE NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE
Advertising earnings is falling quickly across the Web, and independently-run websites like Ghacks are struck hardest by it. The marketing model in its existing type is coming to an end, and we need to discover other methods to continue running this website.
Facebook Age Change, We are devoted to keeping our content totally free and independent, which indicates no paywalls, no sponsored posts, no bothersome ad formats (video advertisements) or membership charges.