Facebook made it a lot simpler just recently when it comes to altering the birthday. Formerly, it did not permit you to alter the birthday directly using the edit profile alternative supplied on the site which meant you needed to ask for a modification instead (the old guide is attached to the article).
This is no longer the case fortunately, which means that you can alter the birthday on Facebook straight and without hold-up at any time, provided you have access to your profile.
How Do U Change Your Age On Facebook
Here is what you have to do:
- Open your Facebook Profile page. You can do that by clicking your name next to browse at the top of any Facebook page.
- Select "Update Info" on the page. You find the link in the header location on the right of your name.
- Change to the "Introduction" alternative when the "about section" opens on Facebook.
- There you find listed your current birthday. Move the mouse cursor over it, and choose "modify your contact and fundamental info" link that appears with the left mouse button.
- Locate "Standard Details" on the page and move the mouse cursor over the birth date or birth year. When you do so, an edit choice becomes available. Click it.
- Change the birth month, year and day and click on the "save changes" button afterwards.
Congratulations, you have actually just altered the birthday on Facebook.
Old article with outdated information
When you finally learn that the option is readily available under Edit Profile, you will discover that the birthday is not editable there.
Why is it blocked? The most likely factor is to block users from changing their birthday from altering it whenever they seem like it, and to obstruct minors aiming to make themselves adults on the website.
This is nevertheless a problem if you have mistakenly chosen the incorrect birthday. How can you alter it if not in the Facebook profile?
The only method to alter your date of birth on Facebook is to call the Facebook assistance team to make them change it for your.
Facebook has provided a type for that request which you can access here.
Here you require to select the new birth date and get in a reason for the change. The most likely factor is that you have made a mistake throughout account development. It is likely that the very first request will be given if you use that factor for changing the birthday.
There is no informing how Facebook will react if you utilize the form multiple times throughout the years. It is most likely that they will reject the second or third request unless you supply them with a great factor for the change.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Marketing profits is falling quickly across the Web, and independently-run sites like Ghacks are hit hardest by it. The advertising design in its present type is concerning an end, and we have to discover other ways to continue operating this site.
How Do U Change Your Age On Facebook, We are devoted to keeping our material free and independent, which implies no paywalls, no sponsored posts, no bothersome ad formats (video ads) or subscription charges.