Facebook made it a lot easier recently when it concerns changing the birthday. Previously, it did not permit you to alter the birthday straight using the edit profile alternative supplied on the site which meant you had to request a change rather (the old guide is connected to the post).
This is no longer the case fortunately, which means that you can change the birthday on Facebook straight and without delay at any time, supplied you have access to your profile.
How Do I Change My Birthday On Facebook
Here is exactly what you need to do:
- Open your Facebook Profile page. You can do that by clicking your name beside browse at the top of any Facebook page.
- Select "Update Information" on the page. You discover the link in the header area on the right of your name.
- Switch to the "Summary" option when the "about section" opens on Facebook.
- There you find noted your current birthday. Move the mouse cursor over it, and choose "edit your contact and basic info" link that appears with the left mouse button.
- Find "Basic Details" on the page and move the mouse cursor over the birth date or birth year. When you do so, an edit option appears. Click on it.
- Modification the birth month, year and day and click the "conserve modifications" button later on.
Congratulations, you have simply changed the birthday on Facebook.
Old post with outdated details
When you lastly discover that the option is readily available under Edit Profile, you will observe that the birthday is not editable there.
Why is it blocked? The most likely factor is to obstruct users from changing their birthday from changing it whenever they seem like it, and to obstruct minors attempting to make themselves grownups on the site.
This is nevertheless an issue if you have actually accidentally picked the incorrect birthday. How can you alter it if not in the Facebook profile?
The only method to alter your date of birth on Facebook is to get in touch with the Facebook support team to make them change it for your.
Facebook has made available a type for that request which you can access here.
Here you need to choose the new birth date and get in a reason for the modification. The most likely reason is that you have made a mistake throughout account development. It is likely that the very first request will be given if you use that reason for changing the birthday.
There is no telling how Facebook will respond if you use the kind several times throughout the years. It is most likely that they will reject the second or third demand unless you offer them with an extremely great factor for the modification.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Marketing earnings is falling quick across the Web, and independently-run websites like Ghacks are struck hardest by it. The marketing model in its existing form is pertaining to an end, and we need to find other methods to continue operating this website.
How Do I Change My Birthday On Facebook, We are committed to keeping our content free and independent, which suggests no paywalls, no sponsored posts, no bothersome ad formats (video advertisements) or subscription fees.