Facebook made it a lot simpler recently when it concerns changing the birthday. Previously, it did not permit you to alter the birthday straight using the edit profile alternative offered on the site which suggested you had to ask for a change instead (the old guide is connected to the post).
This is no longer the case fortunately, which means that you can alter the birthday on Facebook directly and without delay at any time, supplied you have access to your profile.
How Do I Change My Age On Facebook
Here is what you have to do:
- Open your Facebook Profile page. You can do that by clicking on your name beside search at the top of any Facebook page.
- Select "Update Info" on the page. You find the link in the header location on the right of your name.
- Change to the "Introduction" alternative when the "about section" opens on Facebook.
- There you find noted your existing birthday. Move the mouse cursor over it, and select "edit your contact and basic information" link that appears with the left mouse button.
- Locate "Basic Details" on the page and move the mouse cursor over the birth date or birth year. When you do so, an edit option becomes readily available. Click on it.
- Modification the birth month, year and day and click the "save modifications" button later on.
Congratulations, you have simply altered the birthday on Facebook.
Old article with out-of-date info
When you lastly learn that the choice is available under Edit Profile, you will observe that the birthday is not editable there.
Why is it blocked? The most likely factor is to obstruct users from changing their birthday from changing it whenever they feel like it, and to block minors attempting to make themselves adults on the website.
This is nevertheless an issue if you have unintentionally picked the wrong birthday. How can you change it if not in the Facebook profile?
The only method to alter your date of birth on Facebook is to get in touch with the Facebook support group to make them change it for your.
Facebook has actually offered a form for that demand which you can access here.
Here you have to pick the new birth date and go into a reason for the change. The most likely factor is that you have made a mistake throughout account development. It is likely that the first demand will be approved if you utilize that factor for altering the birthday.
There is no telling how Facebook will react if you use the form multiple times throughout the years. It is most likely that they will reject the second or 3rd demand unless you provide them with a really great reason for the modification.
WE REQUIREMENT YOUR HELP
Marketing income is falling quick across the Web, and independently-run sites like Ghacks are hit hardest by it. The marketing model in its existing kind is concerning an end, and we need to find other ways to continue running this website.
How Do I Change My Age On Facebook, We are devoted to keeping our content complimentary and independent, which means no paywalls, no sponsored posts, no bothersome ad formats (video advertisements) or subscription fees.