I have my telephone number in my About area and the Facebook online search engine returns simply my profile, so you understand that's the right one.
Facebook Search By Phone Number
But here's a search I did by phone number for somebody I'm not linked to and who does not have their contact number in their public profile. (Sorry for the blurring-- to protect the innocent victim of my research study.).
The Best Ways To Hide Contact Information on Facebook.
1. Once again go to your account, click on the [Accounts] tab and select Privacy Settings link.
2. On the Privacy Settings page, scroll down and click Customize settings link (see picture. above).
3. On the Customize settings page scroll down to find Contact details area and it will show you all the contact information and whom you allow to see it.
4. Click on any one of the contact info. like mobile number and choose the type of individuals who can see/access it. If you wish to hide your contact number on facebook completely from everyone select Customize. (see above).
5. In the next window under Make this visible to you can choose the option Just Me or the others.
Facebook Search By Phone Number, By choosing "Only Me" youre specifying that just you can see that contact information on your facebook profile, while the remainder of the world won't see it at all or access from their phonebook page, unless you specify certain people in the above action to see them.