And then there's the not-so-obvious settings that might not strike you as something that truly has to be done, particularly when the default setting imposed by Facebook is absolutely wrong. The personal privacy settings for your Facebook pals list is one of those settings.
Facebook Friends List Private
Why do I have to make my Facebook good friend list private?
It is important to restrict the presence of your good friends on Facebook to secure them, because fraudsters can clone your account and usage that account to deceive your good friends.
You see, if a scammer clones your account (by developing another account with your name and profile image-- two pieces of details you cannot conceal from people) then they can start sending good friend demands to all your good friends in an effort to trick them into accepting, thinking it's you. Nevertheless, if the scammer can't see your good friends list, the motivation to clone your account is gone.
If your buddies list is public, and a scammer clones your account and sends demands, and a good friend demand is accepted, the fraudster can try to initialise any variety of different rip-offs on your buddy, which could extremely well achieve success. It's called Facebook cloning.
In this tutorial, you will know the best ways to make buddy list private on your Facebook account. Follow these actions:-.
Note: This process can work on PC, as well as on iPhone/iPad and Android phones utilizing any internet browser, but not on the official Facebook app.
Make good friend list personal, so that no one including your buddies on your Facebook account can see your friend list.
1. Login to your Facebook account and go to your timeline.
2. From the menus, click "Buddies".
3. Click on the Manage button, which looks like a pencil and click on "Edit Personal privacy".
4. From the "Buddy List" area and from the "Public" drop down menu, you can control who can see your buddy list. For example, if you want to make your good friend list completely personal, then select the "Only Me" alternative.
5. When finished with your settings, click "Done".
That's it! You now have actually discovered how to manage your good friend list on Facebook (on PC, iPhone/iPad and Android).
Such articles Facebook Friends List Private thanks for visiting can hopefully help you out.