I have my phone number in my About section and the Facebook search engine returns just my profile, so you know that's the best one.
Find Someone On Facebook By Phone Number
However here's a search I did by phone number for somebody I'm not connected to and who does not have their telephone number in their public profile. (Sorry for the blurring-- to safeguard the innocent victim of my research.).
How to Hide Contact Details on Facebook.
1. When again go to your account, click the [Accounts] tab and choose Personal privacy Settings link.
2. On the Personal privacy Settings page, scroll down and click on Customize settings link (see pic. above).
3. On the Customize settings page scroll to find Contact details section and it will reveal you all the contact information and whom you permit to see it.
4. Click any among the contact information. like mobile number and select the type of individuals who can see/access it. If you wish to conceal your contact number on facebook entirely from everyone select Customize. (see above).
5. In the next window under Make this visible to you can select the choice Only Me or the others.
Find Someone On Facebook By Phone Number, By selecting "Just Me" youre defining that just you can see that contact information on your facebook profile, while the rest of the world will not see it at all or access from their phone book page, unless you specify certain individuals in the above step to see them.