I have my phone number in my About section and the Facebook online search engine returns just my profile, so you understand that's the best one.
Facebook People Search By Phone Number
However here's a search I did by telephone number for somebody I'm not connected to and who does not have their contact number in their public profile. (Sorry for the blurring-- to protect the innocent victim of my research.).
Ways To Conceal Contact Info on Facebook.
1. Once again go to your account, click on the [Accounts] tab and select Personal privacy Settings link.
2. On the Personal privacy Settings page, scroll down and click Customize settings link (see pic. above).
3. On the Customize settings page scroll to find Contact information area and it will show you all the contact details and whom you enable to see it.
4. Click on any among the contact info. like mobile number and choose the kind of people who can see/access it. If you wish to conceal your contact number on facebook totally from everybody select Customize. (see above).
5. In the next window under Make this noticeable to you can choose the option Only Me or the others.
Facebook People Search By Phone Number, By selecting "Just Me" youre specifying that just you can see that contact information on your facebook profile, while the rest of the world will not see it at all or access from their phonebook page, unless you specify certain individuals in the above step to see them.